As soon as we got to Atlanta Jill and I went to the Peachtree road race expo. The Peachtree is the largest 10K road race, with 55,000 people participating. It is an annual 4th of July tradition in Atlanta. I talked to numerous people that were competing in their 20th or more race. I love traditions like that. The expo itself wasn't great because the participants were mailed their race packets. Normally everyone has to come to the expo to pick up race information and their numbers, its the only reason that companies like Crocs come to expos, to get exposure. The fact that 55,000 people had no incentive to come to the expo wasn't a good thing for us. We still had a decent amount of people visit our booth but it wasn't anything near the amount of people we were expecting.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Atlanta Peachtree Expo
Jill and I finally made it to Atlanta, a day late. The drive wasn't very exciting getting there. The south seems to have a lot of the same scenery. While we were in Kansas I would actually get excited when we went up a hill because you could see so much farther. In Alabama and Georgia there were more trees but that was the biggest difference that I noticed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment