I woke up on Sunday to pouring rain and lightening. Not what you want to see when its race day. I had a half hour or so of worrying about our tent and supplies that we had set up the night before at the finish line of the triathlon. Luckily when we got to the event site things were still pretty dry and nothing was damaged. The race itself was postponed an hour but it eventually went on as planned.
All week I had been hemming and hawing about whether I should do the Danskin women's triathlon in Seattle. On Sunday I convinced myself that I needed to just push myself and do it. I'm not expecting to do very well but I'm going to try it. That means that for the next 3 weeks I'm going to have to go into training mode as much as I can.
We spent Sunday night in Newark, New Jersey. New Jersey is such a odd state. It really seems to be the support system of New York. Everything that can't fit in New York gets pushed into the background of New Jersey. The random assortment of things there just makes me laugh. Its not nice by any means. The areas I've been in seem to be struggling.
From New Jersey we got on 1-80 (which we'll spend 3 days on) and headed through Pennsylvania, Ohio, and spent the night in Indiana. While we were in Pennsylvania we got pulled over at a Weigh Station for an inspection. The officer was really nice to us girls, but not because we're girls according to him, and only gave us 2 warnings.
Today we went past Chicago, into Iowa and are currently headed for Omaha, Nebraska. I-80 really isn't a very scenic route, however I've been told that it is better than I-70 so I guess I should count myself lucky. Tomorrow we'll get to Colorado and spend the night in Fort Collins before going to Copper Mountain
No comments:
Post a Comment