Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hiking Mt. Timpanogos

Today I hiked Mt. Timpanogos. It was a gorgeous fall day for a hike. The leaves were changing colors and we saw some Mountain Goats. They actually came really close to us, crossing the trail nearby. On the way down it started to rain which I wasn't prepared for so we ducked into a shelter on the mountain for a few minutes before continuing down the trail. The rain had let up by then however it started to snow/hail. Only in Utah can it start out as a hot, almost summer day and turn into a snowy day. Rather than telling you all about my hike I think I'll just show you pictures. They do a better job of explaining....




Charlotte and Polly hiking up the trail


We were headed to that far peak in the background

Mountain Goats!




Emerald Lake and the glacier

Charlotte and Marcus at the saddle




Group shot during lunch


The view from the saddle looking at Utah Lake and into happy valley

Me at the top

Inside the shelter that we stopped at during the rain storm



Marcus at the waterfall


More mountain goats

2 comments:

 

Hit Counter